FireEye Endpoint Security: Introducing Innovation Architecture for Rapid Deployment of Advanced Capabilities
Enables organizations to respond to security incidents more quickly with flexible and customizable modules
“The rate at which new threats emerge is outpacing response. And traditionally, the time that the industry took to respond with the creation, testing and deployment of new features has been too long,” said
Unlike traditional endpoint security vendors that provide one-size-fits-all solutions to every customer, FireEye Endpoint Security is designed to deliver comprehensive defense using fully customizable protection modules. The module creation is supported by the world’s leading frontline responders at
No More Waiting for Updates
With the new modular approach, organizations are no longer waiting for the next upgrade to benefit from the roll-out of new features or threat responses. Further, it’s up to organizations which modules they want to deploy and for whom, tailoring the level of protection down to an individual level if they choose.
Available via the FireEye Market, new Endpoint Security modules fall under three general categories – Protection, Investigation & Response, and Enterprise Readiness – with several coming as a direct result of knowledge from the frontlines of cyber security from the efforts by Mandiant® Solutions to address specific growing threats.
- Process Guard: Stops unauthorized processes from obtaining access to credential data on Windows, removing the need for an analyst to intervene to resolve the security issue.
Investigation and Response:
- Process Tracker: Collects metadata on Windows, Mac, and Linux endpoints and streams the data to the Endpoint Security console.
- Enrichment: Available in the coming months, this module adds FireEye Intelligence information to files to help determine when a file is malicious and aid in incident response investigations.
- Agent Status: Offers a user interface within the Endpoint Security console that displays system information and agent status, providing extended visibility to the IT admin.
- Agent Console: Creates a triage on events that send back triggers, offering visibility into what the agent is doing, including which files have been previously quarantined.
Additionally, FireEye Endpoint Security now includes malware protection for macOS, support for IPv6 environments and updated Linux audit options.
About FireEye Endpoint Security
FireEye Endpoint Security delivers expert-built endpoint defense to protect against common threats, detect and block advanced attacks and respond to the threats that matter. FireEye Endpoint Security is designed to enable security teams to respond with intelligence-led information to detect what other products miss and make current staff more efficient and users more secure.
FireEye Endpoint Security customers that choose to augment their security teams with Mandiant Managed Defense further benefit from the solution with dedicated analysts that deliver proactive hunting, prioritization of alerts, and assistance in responding to threats. In a recent MITRE ATT&CK® evaluation, FireEye Endpoint Security and Mandiant Managed Defense delivered the most comprehensive coverage across all detection categories. For more details, visit https://www.fireeye.com/blog/products-and-services/2020/04/mitre-evaluation-demonstrates-endpoint-security-managed-defense-detection-leadership.html
For more details on Endpoint Security, and to request a 30-day evaluation, visit https://www.fireeye.com/endpoint
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements related to the expectations, beliefs, features, capabilities, benefits and availability of new FireEye Endpoint Security modules. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions which, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause